Chain/Scale Armor.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chain/Scale Armor.

Post  Faylin "Pakneeknee" on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:36 am

Hey guys, some of you don't know me. I am Pakneeknee, and I would like to help any one that want's to learn to make some armor for themselves. If any one is interested in learning to make standard Chainmaille or Scalemaille armor, I can help get you started. Feel free to message me either here on this thread, or through one of the many messengers I have provided to the left under my name.

A few points of interest when taking on a maille task.
1. You should know what your wanting, before you start.
2. maille can be cheap, or really expensive depending on where/how you get your supplies.
3. It is time consuming and can take months to make a wearable item.
4. There are multiple ways to approach making it, either completely from scratch, or only partially from scratch.

Also, a side note to any one who already knows how to make Chainmaille. I am always wanting to learn new techniques, and weaves. Feel free to message me with tips if you have them!

Faylin "Pakneeknee"

View user profile http://faylinfurrien.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Chain/Scale Armor.

Post  Fira Ironscales on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:45 pm

I'll trade maille lessons for sewing lessons Twisted Evil Also, I have a piece of Persian Weave chain if you want to study it. Wyldecat did a bardic last saturday on how to do it, but I didn't get it. It's so hard to see when someone is showing you with little bitty rings like that. Anyway, I asked him if I could have his example piece and he gave it to me.
Fira Ironscales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzz on Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:55 am

Once I get my dowel rod back from my friend I plan on doing some. I want to make some belts, neck chains, and really whatever else I/people feel like making. I have a whole book of chain jewelry I want to make some stuff out of for A&S entries.
Fuzz
Admin

View user profile http://grendelcompany.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Scale

Post  Faylin "Pakneeknee" on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:51 pm

Hey, I know it's been ages since I posted, but I'm back, you cant get rid of me that easy.

I am currently working on a Scale shirt for IK. It is slow going but I should be able to get it done in time no problem. Pictures of my current progress can be found on my facebook or on my Deviant art. As for right now, here is a picture of where i'm at

posted

I will try to keep you all up to date on where i am.
Faylin "Pakneeknee"

View user profile http://faylinfurrien.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top