info i was asked to post

View previous topic View next topic Go down

info i was asked to post

Post  Konrad1 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:04 pm

some of this might need to be revised i just cut and pasted it from the Yahoo groups
im sure i can answer any questions about this as well just ask

Amended Proposal for Entrance and Advancement
Through Grendel Company

1) Becoming a Grendel.
a) Meet the requirements to be a Thrall.
i) Have at least 13 accumulated experience points.
ii) Have read the company charter.
iii) Have some knowledge of other fighting companies.
b) Declare that you want to be a Grendel to a Jarl.

2) Progression to Bondi.
a) Meet the requirements to be a Bondi.
i) Have your own weapons.
ii) Have your own fighting garb.
iii) Have been to at least one duchy or bigger event.
iv) Sponsorship of a Jarl
(1) A Jarl may only have one active sponsorship, (a Bondi working on further requirements), at a time.
(2) In order to gain the sponsorship of a Jarl, the Thrall must challenge said Jarl. If Jarl declines the challenge, the Thrall must find a different Jarl to accept him.
v) Beat the sponsoring Jarl in a Holmgang.
(1) A Holmgang may be attempted but once per week.
(2) Once a Jarl has a Thrall that has won their Bondi fight, no other Holmgangs fought will be official until after the active Bondi has advanced to Jarl.
b) If a Bondi is not showing enough progress the Jarl sponsoring him may choose to drop sponsorship, dropping the Bondi to a Thrall again. The Jarl is then able to work with another Thrall that is showing more drive than the first Bondi.

3) Progression to Jarl.
a) Meet the Requirements to be a Jarl.
i) Go to 2 events while a Bondi.
(1) One must be at least a duchy level event.
(2) One must be at least a kingdom level event.
ii) Have your own court garb.
iii) Enter one fighting tournament (not an Ironman tourney) while a Bondi.
(1) Duchy level or bigger.
(2) Must enter at least 3 categories (i.e. single sword, sword & board, and great weapon).
iv) Enter one Arts and Sciences tournament while a Bondi.
(1) Duchy level or bigger.
(2) Must enter at least 3 categories (i.e. fighting garb, weapon and 3-d art).
v) Have held a park position or received an award for service or be recognized by Jarls as having performed service when the vote comes around.
vi) Currently be reeve certified, by either a standard reeve test, or a Grendel reeve test administered by a mutually agreed upon Jarl.
b) Pass a vote of Jarls from your region.
i) Must have a 100% yes vote to be elevated.
(1) A "no" vote is not permanent.
ii) Voted every 6 months at Tal Dagore Midreign (or as per your Region).
iii) Voted, in secret, by Jarls attending the event (no proxy votes).

4) If you don’t currently meet the requirements.
a) If any Jarl does not meet the requirements within three months, they will be allowed to wear a "pink" baldric until such time as they have proven that they meet the rerquirements. While they are wearing the "pink", they may not vote on Bondis or any other matters brought to the Jarls. If more than 6 months pass while wearing the "pink", they will be dropped to Thrall.
b) Any Bondi that does not meet the requirement for Bondi is considered a Thrall.
c) During the transition period, all present Bondis will be evaluated by the Jarl they beat in the Holmgang. If they are not working towards meeting their requirements for Bondi, they may be dropped to the level of Thrall at the Jarls discretion. Until such time as all present Bondis have advanced, a Jarl may not take a sponsorship unless they do not have an "active" Bondi. It will be expected that a Jarl with multiple Bondis will take a hard look at who should be dropped, and if there is a Bondi that is close to meeting the Jarl requirements.
Konrad1
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: info i was asked to post

Post  Lobster on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:29 pm

In section 4a, they mention a "Jarl not meeting the requirements". What requirements must a jarl meet? Are these just the requirements to BECOME a jarl? or is there on going requirements that must be met to stay a jarl?
Lobster
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Konrad1 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:39 pm

that particular clause was put in for when it was implimented it can be removed it was for jarls who were already jarls and didnt have the box tops .. its now not nessassary , these are guide lines and CAN be bypassed on a case by case basis , as thorge was on something in them if i remember correctly.

Konrad1
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fira Ironscales on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:40 pm

are there ever any exceptions to any of these rules? I have no duchy down by me, could I enter 5 barony tourneys to count as 1 duchy tourney?

also, is there a time frame on how long you have to be a thrall before you can ask for your holmgang for bondi?
Fira Ironscales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Erewen on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:59 pm

As I am in clan nemoralis is it assumed that Wisp is my spirit Jarl or would I need to find a living Jarl?
Also, on that note where will I go after Jarl? I don't want to assume anything, but I deffinatly want to advace as far as possible. I am working on being ready to try for Valkerie by the end of my current Prime Minister reign.
Erewen
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Konrad1 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:18 am

ok i can address you both fairly easily .

Fira .. it says Duchy or HIGHER .. so kingdom will work cause your entering in those , and No time frame for becoming bondi you are a Thrall Once you ask a Jarl to be a grendel, once that is done you choose a Jarl to holmgang, or one will be chosen for you . Jarls are allowed to have more then one bondi as we are on limited jarls atm. if you choose your Jarl (which will determine your Lineage line) there is a second you have to holmgang. and you can ask for said Holmgang once every seven days.

these box tops are mearly set up to be suggestions in the past they were stone cause the company was so big . or we can vote to make them in stone again .. but ill fight for them to be matter o fact.

Ok .. Jill .. Will is your Jarl and the lineage you fought into, you dont need him to bring you up for vote, Jarl is the Highest member position in the company . BUT each park of Grendels is supposed to have a Konunger(King) of their park and a Raven(war chief) . the Konunger is basically a position as the MC of parks and a voted on position by all park G's the Raven is a Fought for position they do all the battle plans, every event there is a fight from all members for a High Raven, they make the plans for the events . both positions come up at midreign and only at kingdom midreign can advancement from bondi to jarl occure with voteing by the jarls . it IS a 100% yes vote or you are not in atm. but a no can be changed .

a Valkerie is a Female Jarl.

and Fira we have had SEVERAL Thralls be there for years , recently cause of time Fuzz and lobster didnt get to holmgang me to get in . but then they beat me when they did , ive also had Harkael ( a good fighter) wasnt able to beat me for over a year and he fought me every 7 days or park day . so all of that depends

I really need to find allthe info for every sheesh it sucks being the only resource you guys have atm.

im gonna work on that more
Konrad1
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fira Ironscales on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:26 am

Ok, so that brings me to curiosity killed the cat......

What are the differnt lineages? What difference does it make to be in one lineage or another? Are there different sets of rules or standards of these lineages? This doen't necessasarily have to be a "Konrad Only" question - pipe up you Jarls...
Fira Ironscales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Konrad1 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:24 am

ok lineages are to the 3 founding members Wisp, Liam and Me and whoever jarl you fight uinder thats the lineage you are now in , for me Bull Clan, for Liam was the totem of the Elephant, and for Wisp was well Jill can answer this cause she is one of the last of his line and he specifically fought her to get in. Diffrence is just tradition and for keeping it as a family esc. 3 brothers founded the company then it becomes extended family. not a big diffrence. and no rules . and ya sadly most questions are a me only as i helped create and have been there through all of it but ONE event where i didnt have the funds for .. and that event really sent the company down hill. but im happy to answer yours and anyone else's questions again all i can promise is soon as i find the info ill post it . for everything till then ask and ill respond.

Konrad1
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzz on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:23 pm

2 questions: for the credit requirement for thrall, whenever we'd talked about it, it was set at 24 credits, are we keeping at 13 or 24?

For the arts and sciences requirement for Jarl, does that have to be 3 entries at one event, or can it be split up between different events?
Fuzz
Admin

View user profile http://grendelcompany.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Konrad1 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:06 pm

credits will be talked about at the event .

the entries can be split up whenever long as its 3 and duchy and higher since we are a kingdom now .. that works as higher..

Konrad1
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top