Grendel Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so heres the deal .

+2
Fuzz
Konrad1
6 posters

Go down

so heres the deal . Empty so heres the deal .

Post  Konrad1 Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:01 am

Im going to try and get with a seamstress and start pricein cloth for our garb once we find cloth and materials im going to see about borrowing Jen's(wills jen) Sewing machine and go from there.

items needed Cloth, sewin machines, # of tunic's , then we will talk Cost . frankly i cant pay for everyone.
and those day are behind me .

So .. you will be responceable for payin for your own tunic, if you wish to have one GOOD if you wanna make it yourself cool if you wanna have someone else make it cool ...

im either gonna see about haveing the raven embroidered on my chest or on my sleeve not sure which might be both . will see but first need to make them lets talk designs .

Suggestions?

getting closer to the event need to check this daily to make sure we get this straight im gonna go to Joann's when i get back sunday from WM/DM and see what we do from there .

Konrad
Konrad1
Konrad1
Admin

Back to top Go down

so heres the deal . Empty Re: so heres the deal .

Post  Fuzz Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Some kind of basic bell tunic, Yellow with black trim on the edges would be a good start.
Fuzz
Fuzz
Admin

https://grendelcompany.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thorge Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:44 am

a bell is a good start but i like the vikking neck line alot. (like my new tunic)
Thorge
Thorge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzz Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:23 pm

How about bell with a Viking neck?
Fuzz
Fuzz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Erewen Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:31 am

If we go with the bell, and viking tunic I can take care of Grizzly, Thorge and I. I just need to know where to put the raven. Will it all be embrodiered, or a raven cut of black cloth and the edges embrodiered onto the tunic? Also, there are different shades of yellow. Thorge likes the more mustard, I have wound up with a more pale yellow most often. I would assume that we would use the middle of the too, but I have found in life assuming usually brings incovienance and even trouble.

Not to be picky, but the more uniform the better....
Erewen
Erewen
Erewen
Admin

Back to top Go down

so heres the deal . Empty things that WILL stay

Post  Konrad1 Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:43 am

First off the cut and type of the tunic is key, we ARE a viking company .. but for the game a bell tunic works with sleeves anyway you like none full 3/4 or hell 1/8 i dont care. the company has Berserkers they are 6th lvl barbar's they get Yellow On black ONLY 6th lvl that is to show the barbaric nature of them as a sign of accomplishment. everyone else gets black on yellow .. so think of that .. not sure ive seen your collar or not or if i remember it .. but i have news on that front to talk about this week as we go . Colors really your right about the yellow but honestly we need the same yellow but i like the individual choice of yellows . Another thing to think about.

lets see any other things that need to be decided .. the raven is set .. we have color of yellow or choice, we have collar or tunic bell or viking, personally i hate the idea of a Yellow tunic with black on it but if anyone has seen Wills batman fleese tunic its fucking Pimpin. ill bring it next weekend as well ..

lets here it whatelse is there to decide time is comeing close and how many are going to be at the sept event? i may have a line on some Cheapy semi good tunics for just the event we can get made then have embroidered. ill discuss in more detail later.
Konrad1
Konrad1
Admin

Back to top Go down

so heres the deal . Empty Here's the concept.

Post  Fira Ironscales Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:00 pm

Here is the concept garb I have created for you. I can make this with or without sleeves, keyhole neckline or rounded neckline. Of course all you have to do is flip the colors for your standard member, this is an example of berserker sleeveless with rounded neck. I put the Axes down the sides to make you look unmistakably different from everyone else. I have also contacted a local company (well, local for me) about screenprinting you're court garb raven on the back of the tunics. I have not heard back from them yet with the price. I will post that as soon as I find out. This isn't a perfect example, but while I was making it as a concept - I figured it could go on a teddy bear for my daughter, lol. This is team type garb for the IK event.

Ok, here's what I need if you are interested:

Name
measurements: bust/chest, waist/belly, hips (widest part of butt), neck, Shoulder width (measure across back) Desired length (again, measured from back of neck down).
Berserker status
sleeves or no sleeves
Keyhole or rounded neckline

I need to get started asap, so please pm me or email me the info. feral_valkyrie@live.com

Brightest Blessings
Fira Ironscales

[img]so heres the deal . 00510[/img][img]so heres the deal . 00411[/img]
Fira Ironscales
Fira Ironscales

Back to top Go down

Post  Erewen Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:38 am

[quote="Konrad1"]First off the cut and type of the tunic is key, we ARE a viking company .. but for the game a bell tunic works with sleeves anyway you like none full 3/4 or hell 1/8 i dont care. the company has Berserkers they are 6th lvl barbar's they get Yellow On black ONLY 6th lvl that is to show the barbaric nature of them as a sign of accomplishment. everyone else gets black on yellow .. so think of that .. ..not sure ive seen your collar or not or if i remember it but i have news on that front to talk about this week as we go . Colors really your right about the yellow but honestly we need the same yellow but i like the individual choice of yellows . Another thing to think about. quote]

I just wanted to let you know what I was talking about...The only thing is I don't have any more of that trim, but I don't have to use it for basic bell tunics.Also, I can leave off the peaks on the sleeves and do straight sleeves. I know you said we'll all talk about it this weekend sounds great.so heres the deal . Thorge

Erewen
Erewen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fira Ironscales Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:20 am

If that it what you all decide - I can still do that. My sewing machine does tons of decorative borders and I wouldn't even have to buy trim for them (basic one's anyway - probably would for court garb). I like that shirt, I found a site that wanted $156 for one just like it - couldn't believe it, completely outrageous. That was after I made the concept piece. BTW, mine is the cheapy one's hes talking about just to get garbed the same for IK, not regular garb for anything else. I look forward to getting started on all this, the sooner the better. I can get a discount on the fabric from a little shop in Springfield (MO), but I need to buy it all at once. So Please get me your measurements and stuff as soon as you can get to your computer.

Erewen, Konrad said you were a seamstress, could you please take a cloth measure with you and get the measurements of those at Goblin Warz? I would really appreciate it. I love you

Thank you for your help,
Fira Ironscales

Fira Ironscales
Fira Ironscales

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzz Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:32 pm

We can do a vote at goblin warz or on here if we'd like. I think that would make a great tunic for when we field personally, with perfect areas on the front/sleeves to put the raven/personal heraldry.

Edit: The one with thorge, though nothing against Fira's, just hard for me to tell w/ a rough version.

Last edited by Fuzz on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fuzz
Fuzz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thorge Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:14 pm

wich one fuzz? there are 2 pics.
Thorge
Thorge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Erewen Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:37 pm

I am making a all yellow version of Thorge's to have at GW II. If I can I will have a all black one too. These would be for thralls and we can add to them as they progress through the company. These are actually pretty easy not to bad on cost. The ones on the net that go for 150.00+ that guy is making at least 100 profit if not more.
Erewen
Erewen
Admin

Back to top Go down

so heres the deal . Empty RE: So here's the deal

Post  Kumathesage Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:49 pm

Designs look good. need price info will get measurements today hopefully. My phone # is 630-518-1097 feel free to call. Going outside to hit peeps with foam.

Kuma

Kumathesage

Back to top Go down

Post  Kumathesage Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:41 pm

Alright here are measurements for Varley & me.

Kuma 6th level barbarian
Chest:57"
Waist:57"
Hips:57"
Shoulder width:26"
Neck: Keyhole
Length: Thigh

Varley 6th level barbarian
Chest: 47"
Waist: 46"
Hips: 48.5"
Shoulder width: 21"
Neck: Keyhole
Length: Waist length

Kumathesage

Back to top Go down

Post  Kumathesage Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:44 pm

Oh khrud. Forgot sleeves.
Kuma would like sleeves, Varley no
Kuma

Kumathesage

Back to top Go down

Post  Fira Ironscales Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:45 pm

can I get those lengths in inches as opposed to "thigh" or "waist"? It's absolutely infuriating to try to determine length by the person's height.... I really appreciate it!

Brightest Blessings
Fira Ironscales
Fira Ironscales
Fira Ironscales

Back to top Go down

Post  Fira Ironscales Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:02 pm

Alright everybody, I will make this easy. My phone number is 417-399-1290, call me and leave a message (I screen my calls) or text message me the information. I am going to buy material TONIGHT, as in 4:30pm central standard time (not amtgard time). I really need the information by then so I know how much to buy. I will be home until about 3:15 and you can reach me online on here or email me at feral_valkyrie@live.com.

Thanks
Fira Ironscales
Fira Ironscales
Fira Ironscales

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum